Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day Three: Out of the Mountains we go

Today was to be a fairly uneventful day. We were heading out of the remainder of the Ozarks and heading into the plains of Nebraska.

We got up a bit later then usual. We were on the road by 9:15 am though. Our hotel was right off the highway, so we actually found a bagel place across from our hotel and grabbed a few for the road.

We hopped on the highway and fell right in with a group of GM cars that looked very familiar. They were the special GM Performance vehicles and their lead vehicle.

I thought I had read that you can't pass the lead vehicle. So I stayed in trail. But they were going 55-60 in a 70 mph zone. And while I am all for trailing a bunch of high performance GM vehicles that put mine to shame. I decided what the hell, I'll go the speed limit.

So I went into the left lane and passed them right by. Glad I did cause I heard that the E-85 Roadster was dead on the side of the road for some time.

So we just cruised for hours on end. It was incredible going through these little towns.The people were lining the streets waiting for us to go by. Just as though there was nothing else to do but watch us go by.

We went through a bunch of little towns, the weather was absolutely amazing and the windows were open and air going through my hair, my father has little to none.

We came into Lincoln and grabbed something to eat at the local USA Steak Buffet.

It was at this time that I recieved a call. The guy says he is from Eaton and asks if I entered a drawing for a Eaton differential of my choice.

I said I had , and he said that I had WON the drawing. That I should come to the trailer when I get a chance and that I can come pick up my packet and winnings!

I of course thought it was one of my car buddies playing around with me. It wasn't until I got to their trailer and my name was up on the board as the winner did it really sink in.

I was so nervous, the guy was a Mopar guy, so we talked about what my
best bet is. I didn't have to pick up at that time though thankfully!
So we chatted for a while. And I thanked the Eaton guys and walked away very slowly.

Still letting it sink in. Now what?

After that high point, I just went and sat down for a bit. The sun started getting to me, so my dad and I just found some friends and chilled by them for a bit.

I walked through the rest of the show, meeting new people and looking at sweet cars. There were so many there, I hope I found them all!

The park was very nice though, it actually had trees and nice bathrooms. I was able to put the Caprice under a tree and it kept the car cool all day.

My dad and I chilled by our friends the rest of the afternoon and people kept parking and just start chatting. We were chatting with random people until 9 pm!

The sun was down when we left. The place was a ghost town but us. We atleast got our group picture with Mr. Coleman.

We retired to our hotels after talking with people in the parking lot about cars up until a little bit ago. So I'm gonna crash in a bit and get a good start for tomorrow morning.

Keep watching this website for new blogs daily from the tour.

Ryan
Hemipwr70@aol.com




power tour day 3 001

power tour day 3 004


power tour day 3 007

power tour day 3 013

power tour day 3 016

power tour day 3 017

power tour day 3 021

power tour day 3 025

power tour day 3 027

power tour day 3 031

power tour day 3 036

power tour day 3 037

power tour day 3 039

power tour day 3 040

power tour day 3 043

power tour day 3 045

power tour day 3 047

power tour day 3 049

power tour day 3 053

power tour day 3 061

power tour day 3 078

power tour day 3 091

power tour day 3 095

power tour day 3 096

power tour day 3 097

power tour day 3 102

power tour day 3 103

power tour day 3 108

power tour day 3 120

power tour day 3 140

power tour day 3 144

power tour day 3 145

power tour day 3 147

power tour day 3 148

power tour day 3 149

power tour day 3 157



To view ALL of the pictures from water towers to women laying on the Cherry Bomb Charger.... check out the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157605546044132/

No comments: