Sunday, June 1, 2008

In the Beginning

In the beginning I had grandiose ideas about getting my 71 Challenger going for the Hot Rod Power Tour. That is all I could think about for weeks and weeks as my graduation neared, I was going to have time on weekends to work on the old girl. Well that fell apart real quick.

As my graduation present my parents were going to pay for the gas and the hotel accommodations for the entire tour, I just had to get a vehicle ready to go and I wanted my Challenger among all others. I had my 88 Caprice Classic Brougham in storage that could be readied fairly quickly as a backup.

As the weeks passed by, it became apparent that I couldn't get the Challenger done in time. So I pulled the Caprice out of storage last Wednesday and began to get her ready for the Tour.

First thing first was a fresh tank of gas, air up the tires and take her for a little drive. Which lead me to the first problem, time for new tires.

My father has a friend whom he gets his tires from, and has been getting tires from for 40 years. The old Goodyear Eagle GA's were good, but I was able to get some nice BFGoodrich Radial T/A's for the old girl. Same as on my Challenger.

This week I will do a tune up, and a buff and wax on her. Then Friday we leave for the tour.

DSC09225

DSC09226-1

DSC09222

The old project... which I hope to complete this summer.

DSC07964

Ryan
HemiPwr70@aol.com

No comments: